How to help your child to read them:
- Write them down on strips of paper as a flashcard. Learn around 5 words at a time.
- Put them on the fridge or somewhere where your child can see them regularly, keep asking them to tell you what the word says.
- Praise your child and really exaggerate. 'Well done! You are so clever! Wow - you're amazing! I can't believe you can read them!
- Play devils advocate - 'I bet you can't read all these words'
- Show family and friends as this is extra practise for them. Take the words to the grandparents, Aunts house etc.
- Purchase some cheap stickers to reward them.